Toaster catches fire

By Ellen Grindley   |   Reporter   |
Thursday 7th April 2022 12:50 pm
Share
Fire crew
(MDA )

Subscribe newsletter

Subscribe to our email and get updates right in your inbox.

FIRE crews were alerted when a toaster caught fire at a property in Buckfastleigh this morning.

The alarm was raised just after 9am to the address where the kitchen was full of smoke.

Crews from Ashburton and Ivybridge were sent to the property where they discovered a toaster was on fire.

Two firefighters wore sets of breathing gear and used a hose reel jet to tackle the fire.

A thermal imaging camera was used as well as a smoke clearance fan to remove the smoke.

The toaster was also taken outside.

The cause was accidental.

Comments

To leave a comment you need to create an account. |

All comments 0