Fire breaks out in log store at Chagford home

By Nick Knight   |   Editor   |
Friday 4th February 2022 11:11 am
[email protected]
Share

Subscribe newsletter

Subscribe to our email and get updates right in your inbox.

FIRE broke out in a log store shed at a home in Chagford overnight.

Fire Control received the call for help at around 12.30am this morning (Friday).

Fire crews from Chagford, Moretonhampstead, North Tawton and Moretonhampstead were called in.

A spokesperson said: ‘This was a property fire involving the single storey annex of a detatched building. The fire originated from a small log store shed which was next to the property. The cause of fire is believed to be accidental.

‘The fire was extinguished using two hose reel jets, one fog spike (a lancing devise that can spray water between cavity walls) one thermal imaging camera and four breathing apparatus wearers.

‘Damage consisted of 50 percent fire damage to the roof of the annex and 10 percent smoke damage to rest of property.

By 2.14am the fire was out and crews left the scene.

Comments

To leave a comment you need to create an account. |

All comments 0