POLICE have warned of the danger of inhaling nitrous oxide after seizing a large haul from a teenager’s bedroom.
On their Facebook page Teignmouth and Dawlish Police issued the warning to young people and urged parents to be alert.
They said: ‘Nitrous oxide, a food additive. NOT for any other purpose.’
‘Do you know what your children are taking?
‘More and more we are getting reports of young people inhaling the gas.
‘This haul was taken from a young person's bedroom. 69 bottles.
‘This could supply hundreds of young people.
‘It's says it all on the box... Can cause damage to organs through repeated exposure.’
The police direct members of the public to the Frank website which warns: ‘Too much nitrous oxide can make you faint, lose consciousness, or suffocate.’