Fire crews tackle garage blaze

By Ellen Grindley   |   Reporter   |
Friday 1st April 2022 2:14 pm
Share
A generic picture of fire.
(Pexels )

Subscribe newsletter

Subscribe to our email and get updates right in your inbox.

FIREFIGHTERS from Newton Abbot tackled a fire which started from the rear of a garage in Milber.

The call came on Wednesday, initially to a house fire, but both crews from Newton Abbot arrived on the scene to find smoke coming from the back of the garage.

The rafters within the garage were alight and had been damaged by smoke and flames.

Firefighters were faced with having to remove parts of the rafters and cut away at the beams to stop any further fire hotspots.

It is believed that this fire may have been caused from an electrical appliance within a greenhouse next to the garage.

Crews used hose reel jets, small tools and thermal monitoring equipment to deal with the incident and ensure the fire was totally extinguished.

More About:

Share

Comments

To leave a comment you need to create an account. |

All comments 0